Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hermeneutics, Vegan Snacks, and my Battle with the Monstrous Hill

It's been an interesting week (if you couldn't guess from the title). I had my first classes with Joey this week, Dave's son-in-law, who is a legitimate theologian. I learned new words and concepts, like hermeneutics (a way of interpreting) and exegesis (Trying to figure out what the original meaning was). Those are definitely new topics. However, it dips into the more academic side of things, which isn't too much different from dealing with other literature. Some of the terms even carry over. See, an English major is good for something. I also got to tag along to Nicole, my roommate's, small group, where Wendy's mom was talking about healthy eating and making some different vegan munchies for us to try. I will admit, I felt a bit like a 5 year old at some points, watching her mix up the walnut pate. "I don't think I like that... or that..." But I tried it anyway, and discovered it was delicious. Does this mean I'm giving up bacon and chocolate? No. However, swapping my morning cappacino for a fruit smoothie might happen. Finally, my adventures with the monsterous hill. I've been taking a four mile walk every morning with Grace and Nicole. Most of this is uphill. Tuesday, it started to hurt walking with my shoes on. We were half way through the walk at this point, (to the top of the hill, heading back), and it was easier to walk without my shoes. So I did. The point is, I'm now taking a break from challenging the hill until whatever I stretched more than I should have has recovered. That's week three of my adventure! Tune in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment