Monday, June 25, 2012

Snail Mail

I am a snail mail junkie. I'll admit it. I absolutely love getting letters. I enjoy writing letters too. It's a fantastic way to keep in contact with people. Sure, there is all sorts of amazing technology for keeping in contact with people. Email, facebook, texting, twitter, whatever. But nothing is quite the same as receiving an envelope with your name on it and knowing that someone went through the trouble of sitting down, writing you a letter, and remembering to mail it. You can read it over and over, or stash it in a drawer where it will make you happy all over again when you find it. I have folders from both my summers at camp where I have saved every letter I got over that summer. And I do read through them all every once in a while, just because it makes me happy. Also, here's phenomenal secret about snail mail: If you write to people, most of the time they'll write back! So not only do they get the excitement of getting something that's not a magazine or a bill in the mail, chances are so will you! Make someone's day. Send them a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment